Saturday, December 24, 2011

Family name in South Korea

Hello readers,

I know it's been a while since I post something on this blog. I have many reasons to not be able to write anything here but mostly because I was really busy of school. And now that semester is over, I can continue writing :).
Alright, during semester I took this really interesting class which actually my interest in this class did not give me my expected grade (it destroyed the beauty of my grade!!!!!) nevertheless, I got much much better knowledge which I think the sweetest thing in taking this class. This class was Korean Culture for International Student. Yup, I loved this class. You know, the first year i was here i thought i had enough of this korea thing. Like, i have been to many places in Korea, an island, museums, amusement parks, (just) parks, universities, coffee cafe, restaurants, shopping malls, traditional markets, traditional village, sleep in traditional house, etc ... but this class gave me something fresh, really crunchy like cookies from the oven.
This is one interesting lesson. About family name in korea. As you might know, there are a lot of Kim(s) in korea, and yeah from this class I became to know that in fact, Kim is on number one in the list of family names in korea, here are the top 10:
  1. 김 (Kim)
  2. 이 (Lee)
  3. 박 (Park)
  4. 최 (Choi)
  5. 정 (Jung)
  6. 강 (Kang)
  7. 조 (Jo)
  8. 윤 (Yoon)
  9. 장 (Jang)
  10. 임 (Im)

isn't it interesting? ... no? hahah anyway, I guess I will post many interesting things that I have learned from this class. And regardless, I am back!!!
Merry Christmas for whoever celebrate it :)

Angga
Incheon, South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment