Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Odong-do at Yeosu Revisited

Odong-do Island captured from
Yeosu Expo 2012
This is the second time for me to visit Odong-do. I did post the story on my blog about my first time to visit Yeosu. Maybe want to check it out first? Click here. The first time I visited Odong-do was on December, 2010. I went there with my Malaysian friend who traveled to Korea. We took boat to go there but this time we took bus. I think the bus costed like KRW 500? I do not know, KTO paid for us. It was actually nice to revisit Odong-do. The last time I just knew a bit of Odong-do since the guide was speaking in Korean and that time my Korean skill was awful. This time I might not understand everything, but at least I got the point. It means my Korean skill has been increased in the past 2 years. Oh, so proud of my self, hahah.
Proof that Odong-do is
a love island. I hope they
do not mind I post this, lol.
Odong-do is an island in Yeosu City. You do not have to swim or take ship to go there, it is really close to the mainland you can even walk to go there. I learned that it was given Odong-do as a name because long time ago, this island was rich of Odong trees, but not anymore. And the guide said something about the king who was born in this island, but I did not really get it, though. The guide also said that Odong-do is a love island. It is funny because two years ago I made up a story that Odong-do is a love island, it turned out that it was true. This is the picture that I took 2 years ago and I said Odong-do is a love island.
You do not go to Odong-do island if you do not go to the observatory. Do not expect to much, though. You can see the landscape of Yeosu Expo 2012 from the observatory. Also, I learned from the guide that we can see the border of Jollanam-do and Gyeongsangnam-do. Impressive, huh?
Actually, there are still a lot of things to see in this island. But the tour ended since we did not have much time. The closing was the music fountain.

angga | 앙가

No comments:

Post a Comment