Saturday, December 29, 2012

[Korea Performance] World Beat Vinari: Worth Watching?

Before you are judging me, I would like to say that this is only from the perspective of me as an audience. As everyone knows that everyone has their own thought about this performance. 

From what I saw Vinari is a performance that emphasizes in traditional music instrument and singing. The songs are actually telling about some different stories. The performance itself does not really have story. To be short, the performance is just a collection of traditional music instrument and - you can say - concert. 

The one that I quite like is actually the concert part, where one of the girls sang with a really powerful voice. I think that's only it. The instrument play was also good, but nothing really special. You can really see it at some places in Korea. I have seen it in Namsan Tower. They played right in front of Namsan Tower. Also you might see it on festivals in Korea. They played traditional music instrument while doing some acrobat action.

It is true that they try to be interactive with the audience by asking us to yell or clap our hand. Nothing really special about it. No cool acrobat actions, no funny moments, it was very dull and really standard.

The theater is pretty cold (it was winter) and I had to keep wearing my jacket. The screens that explain about the story of the songs are placed at the side of the stage, it was pretty uncomfortable to see it, some people might not notice it. 

I would not recommend this one, but if you want to see it, the theater is located at Cine Core 4th Floor. Take line number 1 and stop at Jonggak Station and take exit 12, walk until you find intersection, cross the road and turn right. You should see the poster.




















angga | 앙가

No comments:

Post a Comment