Monday, October 25, 2010

Wedding ala Korea

Yay ~~ after going through a hard time deciding whether I should go to the wedding ceremony or not ... finally --by borrowing my friend's white t-shirt (which I haven't returned it yet) and with a big bravery-- I attended the wedding ceremony ... the first time, in Korea =].
So, he is my Taekwondo teacher, and he has this black belt license I guess he is level 5 ... or something like that and he is very handsome and cute ^^. He sometimes gives me like inspirational words ... you know one day he suddenly said like "study hard today for yourself, for future, for your parents", it was the day when I said to him that I was kind of lazy to study. But actually he is not that serious type of person, he likes joking. 
임재종 [Lim Jae-Jong]
Yup ... he is not the one who got married :) ... but his sister did. So, I got the invitation from him and he said it is a really good thing to see wedding ceremony ala Korea, so I was like ... persuaded by him hahah. What happened on that day?
Well, the bride wearing the wedding dress and the guy wearing the suit, the guy got inside the wedding hall first, and then the girl. And the one who married them were talking about something in Korean which I did not really understand, I guess it's like you know "are you ready to live with your wife in happiness and difficult time" something like that. But then after that, this one is I guess kind of different. The guy and the girl then approached the both parents and did the bow. The interesting part was that the guy did the full bow, like he had to touch the ground, but on the other hand the girl just do the bow while standing, you know like when you greet someone in Korea you bend your back a lil bit, something like that. And after that you know what happened ...? so the guy then -in front of the people who attended the ceremony- screamed 만세 [Mansae] 3 times ... it means hurrah, hurray, hooray based on naver dictionary. It was kind of ... interesting =].
After that, I also witnessed 폐백 [Pyebaek] -- based on naver dictionary :
traditional ceremony to pay respect to the (bride)groom's family by the newly-wedded couple right after their wedding
The right woman is 임혜진 [Lim Hye-Jin] - my friend's sister and her husband ^^
It was a great decision to attend the ceremony ... you know, to learn something new is always fun ^^.
Hey you know what, just like in Indonesia, we have to bring and give money if you attend wedding ceremony. Actually my friend told me to not give anything but at that time I saw all Korean came and gave money before getting the ticket for food and I got it without giving money ... I am really embarrassing ㅠㅠ; I should have brought and given money ... so, to all Korean, don't hesitate to invite me to your wedding ceremony ^^.
So ... when is YOUR wedding ceremony??

October 25, 2010
앙가

-- I should study~~~~~~~~~~~ TOPIK test next two weeks ㅠㅠ;

5 comments:

  1. mmm..info yg sangat berguna sekaliiii..
    jd kepikiran wedding ala korea..:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. don t want to ruin the "pray for indonesia" post with a stupid comment...
    i hope indonesia gets through this...

    point of my post:
    와! 잘한다! 그 blog을 너무 좋다!
    야! come online...우린 같이 노래 해야돼! online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 안녕하세요..... ^^
    salam kenal ee... sy temenx chica yang maw sekali juga eksis... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello mawmaw, kalo mau nanya2 jangan sungkan2 ^^

    ReplyDelete