Tuesday, December 28, 2010

漢字 | 한자 | Hanja | Chinese Character

Yup, it's been a while. I have been busy with university admission things and I almost finished everything. I did one interview and it went really bad. I really sucked ㅠㅠ. Anyway, the result will be on 11 of January, nice date, huh? 11-1-11. well, I won't expect much .. but yeah POSITIVE!!
anyway, just want to tell that I am starting to get interested in chinese character, so I am learning about it. I am learning it slowly because it's really difficult. I don't even know how to pronounce it. Just learn how to write and to know the meaning. And since some Korean words derived from chinese word, so I think it might help me to understand more. These are some of them:
―  =  1     六  =  6     百  =  100               山  =  산 Mountain   夏  =  하 Summer
二  =  2     匕  =  7     大  =  대 Great        水  =  수 Water       屋  =  옥 House
三  =  3     八  =  8     民  =  민 People      地  =  지 Earth         服  =  복 Clothes
四  =  4     九  =  9     國  =  국 Country    天  =  천 Sky
五  =  5     十  =  10   火  =  화 Fire          冬  =  동 Winter


I know some more, but ,,, maybe later I'll write it more. From those character some characters I could combine it into a Korean word, for example
大  =  대 Great
韓  =  한
民  =  민 People
國  =  국 Country

大韓民國 = 대한민국 [Daehanminguk] Republic of Korea

韓  =  한
屋  =  옥 House

韓屋 = 한옥 [Hanok] Traditional house of Korea

韓  =  한
服  =  복 Clothes

韓服  =  한복 [Hanbok] Traditional clothes of Korea


中  =  중 Middle/Center
國  =  국 Country

中國 = 중국 [Jung-gook] China

火  =  화 Fire
山  =  산 Mountain

火山  =  화산 [Hwa-San] Volcano

大  =  대 Great
田  =  전 Field/Farm

大田  =  대전 [Daejeon] Daejeon --> City that I live ^^

安  =  안 Peace/Safe/Secure
家  =  가 House

安家  =  안가 [An-Ga] A safe house --> This is my name!!!

2010年 12月 28日
安家

5 comments:

  1. Did you get in? Where did you apply?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get in? Where did you apply?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello~~
    I applied to KAIST, Pusan National University, Inha University and Chungnam National University. I did not get accepted in KAIST ㅠㅠ and I am still waiting for other universities' admission announcements :) wish me luck ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely good luck to you! Did they tell the reason why they didnt accept you to KAIST? I am currently in undergrad of KAIST. By the way, what is your major?

    Oh, I am also WSK member :) You can view my blog here: http://ellacino.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello~~
    They did not tell exactly the reason why they did not accept me in KAIST, but I think I did not do well in the interview ...
    I would like to continue learning Computer Science :)

    I visited your blog :) it's really cool ^^

    Have fun in the next trips!!

    ReplyDelete