Monday, December 13, 2010

우리 형 - My Brother


우리형 [My Brother] - I just finished watching this movie. This is a 2004 released movie and I like this movie very much because ...
Well, the story is about the two brothers who don't have father. The older brother has harelip which makes their mother puts more attention to him than to the younger one. I believe because of that the younger brother becomes a rascal and is good in fighting, whereas the older brother is good in studying and later studies at one of the best university in Korea which is Seoul National University. The mother puts a very big expectation on him but feels hopeless with the younger brother.
The mother keeps giving more attention to the older brother and the younger brother gets upset day by day and one day there is a big fight and he left the house, and the reason is because of his jealousy that their mother puts more attention to younger one. The younger one gets into this organization which does the money renting and will do anything to have you pay the rent, including violence. One day when that fight happens, he goes to one of house which borrows money from that organization and since they don't want to pay, the younger one destroy their properties and beats the son of the house owner ragingly since he is also upset because of her mother.
After that, the younger one decided to get out from the organization but then, it is the beginning of a big problem. Things are getting better after that brothers has a conversation accompanied by alcohol. They start to understand each other and forgive each other. The night before when the older one has to go back to Seoul, he was hit by the son of that house owner who got beaten by the younger one because they couldn't pay their debt. Anyway, the older one died.
At the end of the story, the mother receives a letter from the older one that is written before he died as a card of birthday. He tells that he is sorry for his younger brother and asks her mother to put attention to the younger brother.

It's not exactly same like my story. But indeed I feel the similarity. I have an older brother, but he is not good in studying, but yeah I heard he was a rascal when he was in a high school, and I am as the younger one I am kind of good in studying. Just like the story, my mother actually puts more attention to me than him, I do not want it, though. One day my older brother got really upset and left the house because my mom gave me more shrimp than him ... Of course I felt guilty and I did not want it to happen. I often fight with him too, of course it's his fault ... well ... maybe sometimes it's mine. Anyway, just like in the movie, my mom put a big expectation from me, like I will get a good job and make them happy, someday. But my mom does not expect that big from my older brother, it is good if he can pay his own spending by him self, instead of asking money from mom. Anyway, I suddenly remember him, though ... He is actually a good guy and just like in the movie, the younger one (which is the rascal one) said something like "I have my own way to put attention to you (older brother)" and I believe my brother also has his own way to put attention to me, I can feel it. We often share our clothes, well, actually he has more clothes than me hahah. I have never called him brother, though. 
Actually one of the reason I was so eager to go out of the house was because of this, I wanted them to be ok with each other, I wanted my mom to put less attention to me and more to the others, not that I don't want the attention ... but I had enough ^^.
I am sorry to him, if I ever hurt him directly or undirectly ... I believe I have ever done that. Let's do the best as we can ... and for my mom ... you know we love you ^^.
His name is Nobel Yudhistira ... and he is my brother.
I know we don't look similar ㅎㅎㅎ
December 13, 2010
앙가

1 comment: