Wednesday, December 29, 2010

겨울 | 冬 | Winter | Musim Dingin

You guys know what winter is, right? It's not always with the snow .. but for me ,,, snow is winter :).
I love snow ... it's white and when I step on it it feels so crispy. I wish there were winter that is not cold and has snow ... 
Anyway ... My first winter in Korea, but not my first winter though. Nothing much different than my previous winter experience. The same snow, the same slippery road.
I have been busy with the university admission things. I applied to 4 universities which are KAIST, Pusan National University, Inha University, and Chungnam National University where I study Korean language courses. And I did the admission on winter :).
I was so happy when KAIST admission team called me for an interview which means I passed the document screening as the first selection of the admission. But then, when I was very nervous and excited at the same time, it was all destroyed by my incapability in interview. I said I was ready, but the truth was I wasn't ready for something bigger than I thought. I did not expect some questions coming, I was like "stuck". My defense system was destroyed ... alright it might be too much for that situation. Anyway, I did my best ... and whatever the result will be, I believe it is the best thing for me. They are expert, and they know whether I am ready to study at KAIST or not, so ... I believe they will make the best decision. But yeah~~ POSITIVE!!!
Pusan National University admission team also called me today, it was kind of interview via phone. Today, i thought I was done with this admission things, but I got another task. The university needs the prove that I am one of the 10% best students from all graduates (at the same year) in my school. I am not even sure or even have any confidence that I am one of them. It is because my average score of high school was below 8.0... I know scores do matter. Those numbers are magical. Anyway, I will try my best to get that prove before 3 of next month ...
During the conversation over the phone, the lady asked me why did I get this scholarship when my score was below 8.0?? I was kind of shock ... and kind of thinking .. what should I answer?? ...
I don't know the reason ... the government does ... they chose me, which means there must be something on my application package that made the Government of Republic of Korea trusted me and granted me this scholarship.
Well, I did not say the exact thing like i wrote just above this ... hahah. I said that I don't know the reason, but it might be because that I have good scores in my college that I attended for 1 year and 2 months. But it did not change the fact that I have to get the prove that I am one of 10% of best students in my school. Yup,,, like Korean said ... Fighting!!
I also did my admission to Inha University. I had some problem because I did not send some required documents and just today I sent the missing documents so I am safe ... for now.
And Chungnam's interview will be on January 13.
Actually I am really concern about this, because if I failed to get the admission in any university, my scholarship is to be cancelled and I have to go back home.
I know there is no relation between this and the title ... but what I meant was that ... all this things happened in winter :) ...

Wish me luck, everybody ^^

2010년 12월 29일
앙가

I hate when the snow is melting ... it's dirty :( ... well ... coins always have 2 sides :)

No comments:

Post a Comment