Saturday, January 1, 2011

포화속으로 | 71: Into the Fire

Taken from: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/files/2010/08/71.jpg

I have spent my first day of 2011 in my room. But I won't say it was not interesting at all. I watched this amazing Korea movie and it was really touching and inspiring.
In Korean the movie title is 포화속으로 [Pohwasokero] and without any relation to the real title, the title in English is 71: Into the Fire. This movie is about 71 student soldiers who fought North Korean army in one of high school in Pohang. It's really touching to see them witness their own friends die in front of their eyes, but it is also inspiring how brave they are on their age holding the gun and fight for their country.
Taken from the end of the movie:
"The movie was based on the true story of Battle at Pohang Girl's Middle School, which took place on August 13, 1950, fought by 71 students soldiers in th Republic of Korea 3rd Corps.
Those 71 student soldiers delayed the North Korean's advance for 11 hours, giving time for South Korean and UN troops to counterattack later on."
It is based on true story. When I finished watching this movie, I remember my friend who was born in Pohang and currently a student majoring in Archeology in Chungnam National University where I am taking Korean courses. Not too long ago, there was an artillery shooting between North Korea and South Korea in Yeongpyong Island. At that time, he sent me message about this and that he is ready to go to the war anytime.  And I think that was a brave thing.

Anyway, war is never a good thing. 


2011년 1월 1일
앙가

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a great movie! Have you seen Welcome to Gongmakgol? It is also another movie based on war story. I really loved it and highly recommend if you havent watched yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Welcome to Gongmakgol. gonna see it for sure :) thanks for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so then what does 포화속으로 mean ?

    ReplyDelete