Sunday, January 23, 2011

N에 지나지 않다 | N에 불과하다

http://files.youngsamsung.com/uploads/campus/editor/make_1190456420441.jpg

You might be wondering what does this post about, what is that picture, etc. The title of this post is about some grammars that I learned from my teacher in level 4. And the picture above is 정심화국제문화화관 some kind of hall where they can hold concert and etc, it is located in Chungnam National University, right next to Language Center. But, what's the relation?
Yeah, when I was in the class and leaning that grammar, my teacher gave us one interesting example. So, the grammar is about something that is not really a big thing. For example:

10.000원에 지나지 않다 -> it's not more than 10,000KRW

So, my teacher told us about this story of a grandmother who, for her lifetime, used to sell Kimbab (rice roll?)  for like 500-1,000KRW and she then collected the money and gave it to Chungnam National University. Do you know how much did she give? ... I was very surprised, too ... she gave like, according to my teacher, 1,000,000,000KRW and the money was used to build that building.

"It's not much ... this is all that I can give" ... that's what she said.

I was touched. :)

2011년 1월 23일
앙가

No comments:

Post a Comment