Thursday, February 9, 2012

Indonesia - Jakarta 1

Hello readers,

I decided to take vacation to go back to Indonesia. But not just going back home to my hometown, but I went to several places in Java island. The first one is where the plane that took me landed, Jakarta. Here we go.
I stayed with a friend who clearly stated that he does not want me to expose any single information about him, so let's call him Mr. X, I know it sounds like criminals or raper but it is convenience so we will stick to that. Well, Mr. X showed me (or guided me) to several tourism spots in Jakarta. To be honest, I used to think that Jakarta is not a proper place to live, but maybe good for travelling, but after my visit to Jakarta, I should say (honestly) and I don't mind if you call me betrayer or whatever, Jakarta is not good both for living and travelling, at least for me. No offense to anyone who finds Jakarta is a good place for either or both living or/and travelling, you know we have different taste and way of thinking. The reasons I ensure my self to not live or travel to Jakarta are because:
First, there is nothing much to see actually. Just a bunch of high buildings with expensive stuff that I can easily find in Korea. Or maybe I just need to explore more, where? that's the question.
Second, it is expensive ... we have to pay for traffic jam and additional taxes.
Third, dirty, a mess, complicated, lack of information, afraid of exposing something because of high criminal rate.
It is really a long list if I want to write all of them, but let's focus on what was going on with me and Jakarta :).
The first day I was just looking for a cellphone that I can use only for calling and texting since I can't use my Korea phone here in Indonesia because unlocking my phone is really risky. I got a pretty cheap cellphone for IDR 210,000 = USD 25, good enough for my need. And then, in the evening I met up with my friend who was my teacher when I was in high school. It was so nice to meet her after a while. She looked great because she got a great news which I can't share it here :)
Me and Bu Bet at Mall Semanggi Jakarta
It was a quick meeting but memorable. I was so glad I could meet her knowing that I probably won't meet her for a couple years.
Jumping to the next day. Me and Mr. X decided to go to Bogor city to visit Bogor Botanical Gardens (Kebun Raya Bogor). The easiest way to go here is to take train or commuter, just get to the nearest station and take (I really recommend) commuter to the direction to Bogor (I think it was orange line (Bogor Line)). Ok, there are two types of train in Jakarta. The first one is what locals say Economy train which is really cheap around IDR 2000 = USD 0.22 but really dirty. It is like trash everywhere on the floor and it is without air conditioner. The second one is commuter which is way better with air conditioner but more expensive than economy one, but I think worth it. The fee to take commuter is IDR 7000 = USD 0.77 for bogor line. From bogor station, we took public transportation to go to Bogor Botanical Gardens.
Inside commuter, they have air conditioner + fan lol

The map of Bogor Botanical Gardens

One side of Bogor Botanical Gardens
Well, Bogor Botanical Gardens is good. Really refreshing and I think it is the best place to picnic or just to breath fresh air. There are some things I really like from this place, though. First is the cute animal which I don't know what animal it is. Maybe deers?
Maybe a deer?
There are many of them and they are inside the garden of Bogor President Palace which we can't get in for some reasons. Anyway, I like them. Definitely something new and fun to be discovered in this gardens. The next thing is that they have Orchid House. Orchids are really pretty.


Writing the next post soon ^^

More pictures here

앙가




No comments:

Post a Comment