Sunday, February 12, 2012

Indonesia - Jogjakarta 2

Now, this gets really interesting. I don't know the location exactly, because my friend was riding a motorcycle so I don't know how to get there by public transportation. But this place, worth visiting. The house of Raminten, it is a restaurant owned by Raminten and he is a guy and I think he is a crossdresser. For those who do not know what crossdresser is, it is a term for someone who likes to wear opposite-sex clothes. So, this Raminten guy wears girls/woman clothes and put it everywhere. I got some of postcard-size picture of him wearing some woman clothes. The food are nice and I can say they are pretty cheap for a hot restaurant. The serving guys are hot, so are the serving girls (maybe they are guys, too ... just kidding). And lucky me and my friend, we got the rare opportunity to take picture with the owner, Raminten.



At night, we decided to try Korean dish served in one of Korean restaurant in Jogjakarta called the Silla. I won't say much about this place. The style is quite different and the taste of the food is pretty much different than the real Korean food.

Now this is HOT part. Borobudur Temple. I think it is 1 hour and a half distance from the city of Jogjakarta and I should say we were pretty damn lucky. Why? It was not hot at all, it was cloudy yet it was not raining. And guess what the best part was, there was not many people at that time. I was told by my friend that usually borobudur is packed with people and it can be really boiling hot. So I would say, we were two lucky guys.
Entrance fee is IDR 30000 but I believe they have different (and might be more expensive) fee for foreigner. and we have to wear batik sarong as one of the symbol of awareness for our love to batik. And I love that sarong, so much.










Borobudur is huge, I think you need 2 hours to go all over the place. And it's pretty high with really stiff stairs so you need to be really careful. Beside the temple, there are also some other attraction or pretty interesting place to go. We went to this small museum that shows some pictures of people who have got their names written in Guinness World Record and it was pretty interesting.
Yup, that's all for Jogjakarta. I know there are still so much things to see, but I guess I visited the representative places. Next is Malang, the last place before I hit Surabaya and go back home :)

앙가



5 comments:

  1. wah mas her jadi pembaca tetap nih hehehhe makasi makasi ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. My name chan (people call me like that)
    I'm one of your fans. I love your story about how you can stay and survived on foreign country. Ganbatte angga-kun. I'm waiting for your next posting.

    can you visit my blog ?
    http://hellogoodbye7.blogspot.com/

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello chan-chan ^^ Thanks ya udah dibaca ^^
    I have visited your blog lho, lucu

    ReplyDelete
  4. hhaha i still learn how to be a good blogger like you.
    Tapi thanks ya ka :)

    ReplyDelete