Sunday, September 19, 2010

2010 World Great Baekje Festival - Third Day

This is it!!The first day of 2010 World Great Baekje. Located not far from our hotel, we headed to a palace which I was told that this is the first time they open and invite people to get inside and experience the Baekje time. There are King's and Queen's property, meeting room, a pagoda, praying place, etc. I was told that the pillar of the palace is kind of unique. Because it is wider at the center, which makes it stronger ... well that's what she said. The environment was very calm and I guess this palace was a very comfortable place. There were also some monks which I don't know if they live in this palace or not. I guess not.
 I personally like this palace. Anyway, there was a performance, which took us back to the Baekje era. I wonder, why the soldiers looked like old men, where were the young soldiers? And there was no knight riding horse as me and my friends were expecting. But it was interesting.
The palace trip was awesome, I like it, I love it, I would love to go again next time or maybe to other palaces.
Next to the palace, we visited Baekje Historical Museum. Just like any other museums, you know what is inside, right? But based on our group leader information, the properties inside the museum are the real ones.
There was (again) a place that was scheduled for us to visit. But, due to uncertain reason, it was also cancelled. That was actually a pity, because we might not have any chance to visit this festival again. But, anyway ... these 3 days experience were exhausting, yet we learnt, saw, experienced new things which made our exhaustion became not a problem at all. Visit 2010 World Great Baekje Festival, now!!
More pictures here.

September 19, 2010
앙가

-- Menu for today: Beef for lunch with a friend and Taekwondo in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment