Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pre-2010 World Great Baekje Festival - First Day





2010 World Great Baekje Festival is the first (that's what I was told) festival in order to introduce the to the world about one of the Three Kingdoms of Korea which is Baekje Kingdom. This event is being held from today (September 18) until October 17, 2010. Taking place in around Gongju and Buyeo, this festival is absolutely worth visiting. Anyway, I am not going to write in detail about this event, because you can find most of important information on the 2010 World Great Baekje Festival website. However, I am going to write about my experience of 2 days before the festival and 1 day at the time of the festival. Since I think it is going to be a long post, I have decided to separate it into 3 parts based on the day. As written on this post's title, this one is the first day of the journey.


공주 [GongJu]

Departing from Chungnam National University, we went to Gongju National University to attend the opening ceremony. Hundreds of people were there from a lot of countries, including South Korea. It was an extremely hot day, but since it is just the beginning, our spirit was still on the top. Besides, the dancer cooled the day.
Anyways, I actually have been to Gongju for a school trip and I was actually expecting to go to somewhere I have never been in Gongju in this trip. But yeah, the first place that we went after the ceremony was Gongsanseong Fortress which I have been to. It is a fortress and there are some tracks inside that you can walk through and enjoy the view. Luckily, this time i went to different track from the previous trip. But, before walking through the tracks, I found an interesting torturing equipment ... and even the blood.
Too bad there was not any deep explanation about the fortress when we walk through the tracks from the expert guide, so it was like more to sightseeing than history trip. But, the brief information written on the stone-like thing is enough, too. ^^
Let's go to the next stop which is The Songsan-ri Tombs and Tomb of King Muryeong. Unlike the fortress, this place I had never been to. Information here.

부여 [Buyeo]

On the schedule, actually there was one more place to visit, but due to the weather problem, it was canceled. We went to the Lotte Hotel where we stayed 2 nights over there. It is located in Buyeo and it was a very decent hotel. The room was good and one thing I was so amazed of was the toilet. Yes, it has these fancy buttons with variety of functions.
Even though the room was very decent, it was not really comfortable. It was because this room was occupied by 8 people, and there was only 2 mattress in a room and a big-size bed in another room. It became a problem, but actually we managed to spend 2 nights there.
The first day of the trip was closed by some performances. There were some music performance, of course Korean-ish performances, and also games. Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera, but I captured some pictures by using my phone, but you know ...
One of the games, those guys played good
End of the first day ^^. Pictures here

September 18, 2010
앙가

--
A: 몇살이에요?
B: 저 스물두살이에요.
A: 아 진짜?? 믿을수 없어
ㅋㅋㅋ

No comments:

Post a Comment